Monday, March 21, 2011

Things Are Different

This morning, I got an e-mail from my trainer, as I do every morning at 1 am, to remind me -- in detail -- about my next two days of workouts.

Monday is always my day off. Tuesday is usually a run day. So, looking at the e-mail at 6:30 this morning, I wasn't surprised to see that I was to "enjoy" today. I was, however, surprised to see my Tuesday run with a planned duration of just 30 minutes. They've been 45 minutes lately and last week, I had a 1 hour and 15 minute run on my own.

"30 minutes?" I thought. "Did she send me the wrong workout?" And then I saw the planned distance: 3.1 miles.

A-ha. She wants me to do a 5k in 30 minutes or less.

Game. On.

And for one of the first times since I started working with a trainer, I was EXCITED about a workout. Excited as in, "Can I do it today??? Can I do it right now???"

This has been a turning point for me.  The hard workouts aren't intimidating me now. They're sort of turning me on. There is no guarantee that I'll make my time, but I'm ready to push myself hard to do it. And I'm not afraid.

I can't wait to get to that fucking track tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. If anyone wants the results...3.15 miles in 29:04 minutes! A 9:24 min/mile pace! A very, very, very new accomplishment/personal best for this gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! so exciting to be so excited for a workout! :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete