Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Don't Like Mondays (or Tuesdays)

Mondays and Tuesdays are stinky.

Husband has to work late both nights, so he isn't home until 7 at the earliest and sometimes, it's as late as 9. 

By this time Tuesday night, I'm so depressed, I want to cry. 

It has nothing to do with being the 'single' parent. My kids are, generally, well-behaved and we've got a system. Homework, then reading, then TV while I make dinner, dinner and then ... we wait.  I don't feel overwhelmed or burdened by doing it all on my own. I feel lonely.

I just got a text that said he can't make the 6:50. 7:50 it is. Which means we won't see him til 8:30.

Sadness.

I woke up at 4 this morning. Once Husband's alarm went off, we snuggled for a bit, but then he had to leave. For those 15 minutes or so, I felt calm and relaxed.
Tomorrow will be better. It's our family night -- we'll cook dinner together, eat together and all four of us will cram onto our crappy, broken couch to watch Modern Family. It's my favorite night of the week. 

Wednesdays are awesome.

Hurry home, Boo.


No comments:

Post a Comment