Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Week, Not in Chronological Order

Our Jog-A-Thon is done. It rocked.  

All weather forecasters in the universe told us today would be rainy and awful. Despite some sprinkles this morning, we decided to not postpone the event, and we ended up with a beautiful (slightly brisk), sunny day. My four cases of bananas - donated by a local Trader Joe's -- for a post-run recovery snack for the kids were not wasted. Most importantly, those four cases of bananas are out of my garage.

Little Guy. Too fast for my camera!
This event brought  out the best in everybody - our volunteers were helpful and generous with their time. Our teachers, particularly the resource teachers, were phenomenal. It was a day to be proud to be a part of the public school system.

We are fucking zombies now.  I'm too tired to refill my own wine glass. It is the best kind of physical and mental exhaustion: we put a lot of effort into this event and not a single ounce of that effort was wasted. Our event was flawless.

On Tuesday night, I met with the client that I think is the absolute bomb, to learn some Word Press skills. We probably spent three hours together and not a single second of it felt like work. I am thankful to be a part of this team. 

Yesterday, I got a call from the 'agency' and after the Jog-A-Thon today, I got an e-mail from the agency confirming a gig. I'm going to make a few bucks to let them take pictures of me for a few hours, which is cool, cause we could use the extra bucks.

Also, it's for a beer ad that is going to run during Oktoberfest.

I can't even begin to tell you the many, many ways I feel blessed this week. 


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like a great week!

    A beer ad? Maybe you'll get to take home samples...you know, for science ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be PAID in samples... And money too of course. And samples. Glad the bananas did not go to waste in the garage, and more importantly that the jog-a-thon was a success! I too am a zombie at the moment, so i think i have complete sentences here for the most part and that will be good enough for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the jogathon was perfect!
    And I am happy you got a "gig"!
    And Dale is righ, maybe you will get some free samples! :)

    ReplyDelete