Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Moment With My Legs

I had this moment with my legs as I was getting dressed this morning. I slipped both feet into my shoes and kind of just started checking out my legs from the knees down. 

They've carried me around for nearly 40 years and on Saturday, I'm going to ask them to carry me for 26.2 consecutive miles.

They still don't look like runner's legs: I don't have that rock-hard calf muscle.  There isn't much jiggle on them anymore, which is good and to feel them, even when I'm not flexing, well ... they're tight as hell, especially the right one, which is why my right foot acts up.

I really can't believe this is about to happen.  On these two legs.

5 comments:

  1. Those two legs are going to rock- and I'm pretty sure you could see those kicks from space..

    You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having a conversation with my other half about a very similar thing the other night. She refers to mine as "chicken legs". I love 'em, they have carried me 26.2 without (much) complaint) and I love 'em!

    Have an ace time on Saturday, you know you've done the hard miles in training, you know your head is straight, you know you have the heart.

    KICK ASS, 3T!

    yup, I'm shouting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all (+Rain) are the best. THE BEST! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will do great tomorrow. Just remember you can totally do this! I will be thinking of you and rooting for you from Austin Texas! :)

    ReplyDelete